[Last Amended: June 2, 2021]
Any capitalized terms not defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms.
For the purposes of the GDPR we are considered the Controller (as such term is defined under the GDPR) of the Personal Data we collect from our Visitors and Customers and considered the Processor (as such term is defined under the GDPR) of the Personal Data that we process from our Customers’ employees.
In the event you are a California resident and the CCPA applies to you – please also review our CCPA Privacy Notice.
- You are not required by law to provide us with any Personal Data. Sharing Personal Data with us is entirely voluntary.
- You may not share Personal Data about other people with us which you are not authorized to share or use.
- You may be entitled under applicable law to request to review, amend, erase or restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- INFORMATION PROCESSED BY AKEYLESS
We may collect two types of data and information from you, depending on your interaction with us. The first type of information is non-identifiable and anonymous information (“Non-Personal Data”). We are not aware of the identity of the individual from who we have collected the Non-Personal Data. Non-Personal Data which is being gathered consists of technical information, and may contain, among other things, the type of operating system and type of browser, type of device, your action in the website or Services (such as session duration and page impressions), or approximate geo-location.
The second type of information is individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable effort identify an individual (“Personal Data”).
For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Data connected or linked to any Personal Data shall be deemed as Personal Data as long as such connection or linkage exists.
Personal Data we collect from Visitors of our Website
|Type of Data||Purposes of Processing||For EU persons – Legal Basis under the GDPR|
|Contact Information:In the event you contact us for support or any other inquiries, either through an online form available on the Website (i.e., the contact us page or support ticket), by sending us an email or by any other means of communications we may make available to you, you will be requested to provide us with your name and email address and if you are submitting a support ticket, the subject, type and description of the problem that you are having.In addition, you can choose to provide us with additional information, such as your phone number, your company name, and the name of your country.||We will use this information solely for the purpose of responding to your inquiries and provide you with the support or information you have requested.The correspondence and its contents with you may be processed and stored by us in order to improve our customer service and in the event we believe it is required to continue to store it, for example, in the event of any claims or in order to provide you with any further assistance (if applicable).||Our legitimate interest.|
|Additional featuresIn the event you choose to complete a questionnaire, provide feedback, post on our Website, participate in community features or employ notification services you may be required to provide us with certain additional information.||We will use this information for the purpose of providing you with the Services that you requested.||Perform our contract with you and our legitimate interest.|
|CareerIn the event you apply for a job via our Website, we will process your CV (and the information included therein), your cover letter as well as additional information such as your contact information (name, email address and phone number).||To process your job application and for recruitment purposes.||We will process this information subject to our legitimate interest.|
|Newsletter:If you voluntarily subscribe to our newsletter you will be asked to provide us with your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time using the unsubscribe option within the body of the newsletter or by contacting customer support at: email@example.com.||We will use your email address solely in order to provide you with the content that you requested to receive.||Your consent.|
|Online IdentifierWhen you interact with our website and Services, we may collect your online identifiers, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address.||We (directly or via our third party service providers) may collect our Visitors’ IP. We use this for operating, providing, maintaining, protecting, managing, customizing and improving our Website and Services and the way in which we offer them.||Your consent.|
|Technical Data:We also collect certain technical Non-Personal Data which relates to your use of the Website such as: the type and version of device, application, or browser used, , operating system, or time zone setting; Services metrics, such as offering usage, occurrences of technical errors, diagnostic reports, your settings preferences, backup information, API calls, and other logs.||We use this data in order to maintain, support, improve, protect and manage our Website and Services and for security purposes such as preventing and detecting fraud and abuse.|
Information We Collect from Customers
|Type of Data||Purposes of Processing||For EU persons – Legal Basis under the GDPR|
|Booking a Demo and Taking a TourIn the event you choose to take a tour you will be requested to provide your email address.In the event you choose to book a free demo you will be requested to create an account and provide us with your name, phone number and company email address.||We will use this information for the purpose of providing you with the Services that you requested.||Perform our contract with you.|
|Account RegistrationIn order to use our Services (including the free demo) you will be required to register and open an account. During the registration process you will be requested to provide us with certain information such as your name, company name, email address, physical address, phone number, and other similar contact information.Furthermore, during the registration process you will be required to provide us with the following additional information: information about your location; information about your organization and your contacts, such as colleagues or people within your organization; usernames, aliases, roles, and other authentication and security credential information; information regarding identity, including government-issued identification information; corporate and financial information; and VAT numbers and other tax identifiers.||To provide the Services to the Customer.To resolve any disputes, communicate with you regarding customer service and support issues, and to respond to your questions or comments and help resolve any problems.||Performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.|
|Direct MarketingAs a Customer we will send you email marketing materials regarding the Services you are currently using or any services we may offer in the future (“Direct Marketing”).||We will use your email address in order to send you information related to our Services and to keep you up to date regarding new Services.You are able to unsubscribe from receiving such correspondence from us by clicking on the designated link in the applicable message that we will send you or by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.Please note that if you choose to unsubscribe from our Direct Marketing, we may still retain your contact details and send you relevant Service-related information.||We will process this information subject to our legitimate interest.|
|Payment Details:As part of the Services you may need to provide us with your payment details including credit card and bank account information. The payment information will be processed by us.||To provide the Services to the Customer.||Performance of a contract with you.|
|Customer EmployeesAs part of the Services, we will process the username and passwords from our Customers’ employees.||We will use this data in order to operate, provide, maintain, protect and manage our Services. As explained above, we are considered the Processor of this information and our Customers are considered the Controller. The processing of this information will be done in accordance with our Data Processing Agreement.||Performance of a contract with you.|
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
Depending on the nature of your interaction with the website and Services, we may collect information as follows:
- Provided by you voluntarily – we will collect information if and when you choose to provide us with the information, such as through the Services, contact us communications, etc.
- SHARING PERSONAL DATA
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include: sending communications, processing payments, assessing credit and compliance risks, analyzing data, providing marketing and sales assistance (including advertising and event management), conducting customer relationship management, and providing training. These third party service providers have access to Personal Data needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Furthermore, they must process such Personal Data in accordance with our Data Processing Agreement and as permitted by applicable data protection law.
- Protection of Us and Others: We may share account information and other Personal Data when we believe it is appropriate to do so in order to comply with the law, enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or protect the rights, property, or security of Akeyless, our Customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud prevention and detection and credit risk reduction.
- COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
There are several types of cookies, the three main and common ones are:
- Essential, Functionality, Operation & Security Cookies – essential for enabling user movement around the Website, for the Website to function properly, and for security purposes. Please note that these cookies either cannot be disabled, or if disabled, certain features of the Services may not work.
- Analytic, Measurement & Performance Cookies – used to collect information about how users use the Website (clickstream, navigation, time and date of access, etc.) in order to improve our Services and the way we offer them, as well as assessing performance of the content available on the Website.
- Preference, Targeting & Advertising Cookies – used to advertise across the internet and to display relevant ads tailored to users based on the parts of the Website they have (e.g., the cookie will indicate you have visited a certain webpage and will show you ads relating to that webpage).
|Google Analytics||Analytic, Measurement & Performance Cookies||www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.For more information regarding our use of Google products, click here.|
|DoubleClick||Preference, Targeting & Advertising Cookies||www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.For more information regarding our use of Google products, click here.|
|HubSpot||Preference, Targeting & Advertising Cookies||https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy?hs_chatflow=BOT137_VarB&_ga=2.109303494.215551286.1622634580-1478502587.1622364427|
|Preference, Targeting & Advertising Cookies||https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy?trk=homepage-basic_footer-privacy-policyhttps://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy|
- Please note that, most browsers will allow you to erase cookies from your computer’s hard drive, block acceptance of cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. By following the instructions of your device preferences, and by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser, you may remove cookies, however, if you block or erase cookies some features of the Services may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
- Please refer to the support page of the browser you are using. In this regard, the following are some links which you may find useful: Google Chrome; FireFox; Internet Explorer; Safari; Edge; Opera
- USER RIGHTS
We acknowledge that different individuals have different privacy concerns and preferences. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. We provide you with the ability to exercise certain choices, rights and controls in connection with your information. Depending on your relationship with Akeyless (e.g., if you are a Visitor, Customer or even employee), data protection and privacy laws provide you with various rights concerning your Personal Data.
Please review our User Rights Policy to learn more regarding your rights under applicable law.
You may exercise any or all of your rights in relation to your Personal Data by filling out the Data Subject Request (“DSR”) form available here, and send it to our privacy team at: email@example.com.
Where we are not able to provide you with the information for which you have asked, we will endeavor to explain the reasoning for this and inform you of your rights, including the right to complain to the supervisory authority (in the event you are EEA resident). We reserve the right to ask for reasonable evidence to verify your identity before we provide you with any such information in accordance with applicable law.
- DATA RETENTION
We retain Personal Data we collect as long as it remains necessary for the purposes set forth above, all in accordance with applicable laws, or until an individual expresses a preference to opt-out. We may at our sole discretion, delete or amend information from our systems, without notice to you, once we deem it is no longer necessary for such purposes.
At Akeyless, security is our highest priority. We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind. Some of the methods that we use to protect your Personal Data can be found below, please review our Security Policy to learn more.
- We maintain compliance programs that validate our security controls.
- We protect the security of your information during transmission to or from Akeyless Website, applications, products, or Services by using encryption protocols and software.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- TRANSFER OF DATA
We may store or process your Personal Data in the EU, the United States or in other countries. Thus, any information you provide us may be transferred to and processed in countries other than the country from which you accessed our Platform. We will take appropriate measures to ensure that your Personal Data receives an adequate level of data protection upon its transfer. When Personal Data that was collected within the EEA is transferred outside the EEA, we will take necessary steps in order to ensure that sufficient safeguards are provided during the transferring of such Personal Data. You may exercise your rights, where applicable, to receive information regarding the transfer mechanism that was used during such transfer. Personal Data transferred outside the EEA is transferred, in all cases pursuant to standard contractual clauses approved by the European Union (“SCCs“). Additionally, following the withdrawal of the United Kingdom (UK) from the European Union on January 31, 2020, the UK is no longer considered to be a part of the EEA and therefore, the transferring of Personal Data from the EEA to the UK will also be subject to the SCCs or other contractual clauses that will ensure the security of the Personal Data (pending an adequacy decision from the European Commission).
Our Website and Services are intended for general audience and is not directed to persons under 16 years old. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his/her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he/she should contact us immediately.
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Data from people under 16 years old. If we become aware that a person under 16 years old has provided us with Personal Data, we will delete such data from our databases.
If you are a User, please be aware that you may not upload to the Services any data concerning persons under the age of 16, and you may not send emails to Participants who are under 16 years old. Doing any of the above constitutes an infringement of our Terms and may result in the suspension or Termination of the user’s Account.
- CHANGES AND UPDATES
- CONTACT US
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy issues, or if you wish to be provided with any other information related to our privacy practices, please contact us:
Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Via Regular Mail: Akeyless Security Ltd.
94 Igaal Alon
Alon Tower 2,
Tel Aviv, Israel 6789140