Service Level Agreement
Last Updated: 17 July, 2023
This Akeyless Service Level Agreement (“SLA”) governs the support services and availability level of the Akeyless Secrets & Keys Management Platform (“Akeyless Services”) and applies separately to each account using Akeyless Vault. This SLA is an integral part of the terms of the Akeyless Master Service Agreement or the Akeyless End User License Agreement governing the use of the Services (each, the “Agreement”). Terms used herein, however not defined, shall have the same meaning as defined in the Agreement.
To the extent the Akeyless Services are purchased through an authorized partner or reseller (“Reseller”), all or any portion of the support services may be provided by the Reseller.
This SLA shall apply to any renewal of the Agreement, unless agreed otherwise.
- “Availability” – is calculated for each 5-minute interval as the percentage of Requests processed by Akeyless that do not fail with Incident. If a Request was not made within given 5-minute interval, that interval is assumed to be 100% available.
- Akeyless performs availability measurements on a per service / use case basis.
- “Downtime” is lack of Availability.
- “Incident” means (i) any single event, or (ii) any set of events, that result in Downtime.
- “Monthly Uptime Percentage” – for a given Akeyless region is calculated as the average of the Availability for all 5-minute intervals in a monthly billing cycle. Monthly Uptime Percentage measurements exclude downtime resulting directly or indirectly from any SLA Exclusion.
- “Request” – is a customer-initiated action of a type specifically listed as being supported by Akeyless in the Akeyless Documentation publicly available on the Akeyless website.
- “Service Credit” – is a dollar credit, calculated as set forth above, that Akeyless may credit back to an eligible account to offset from future payments only.
- “Support Window” refers to the period of time during which a Service feature or compatibility with a separate product or service is supported.
- SERVICE COMMITMENT
Akeyless will use best efforts to make Akeyless Vault Service available with a Monthly Uptime Percentage for each Akeyless region, during any monthly billing cycle per the below table (“Service Commitment”). In the event Akeyless Service does not meet the Service Commitment, the Customer will be eligible to receive a Service Credit as described below.
|Silver 99.99%||Gold 99.99%||Platinum 99.99%|
|Silver 1||Gold 1||Platinum 3|
Hours of Support availability
|Silver 9×5||Gold 24×7||Platinum 24×7|
Response Time – Severity 1
|Silver 6 hours||Gold 2 hours||Platinum 30 mins|
Designated Customer Success Engineer
|Silver Not available||Gold Yes||Platinum Yes|
Customer Point(s) of Contact
|Silver 1||Gold 2||Platinum 5|
Escalation Point of Contact
|Silver 0||Gold 1||Platinum 1|
Daily Transactions Quota
|Silver 2k per client||Gold 4k per client||Platinum 10k per client|
- CONTACT DETAILS AND ESCALATION PROCESDURE
Depending on the SLA tier, and in the event the Incident has not been resolved according to this SLA or where an expedite problem resolution is required, the Customer may escalate by contacting: [email protected]
- SERVICE CREDITS
Service Credits are Customer’s sole and exclusive remedy for any performance or availability issues for any Service under the Agreement. The Customer may not unilaterally offset monthly service fees for any performance or availability issues.
Service Credits apply only to fees paid for the particular Service or Service tier for which a Service Level has not been met. The Service Credits will not, under any circumstance, exceed the monthly service fees, in the applicable billing month.
If the Service was purchased from a Reseller, the Customer will receive a service credit directly from the Reseller and the Reseller will receive a Service Credit directly from Akeyless. The Service Credit will be based on the estimated retail price for the applicable Service, as determined by Akeyless in its reasonable discretion.
Service Credits are calculated as a percentage of the total charges paid by the Customer for the Akeyless Services for the billing cycle in which the error occurred in accordance with the schedule below.
|Monthly Uptime Percentage||Service Credit Percentage|
|Less than 99.99% but greater than or equal to 99.5%||10%|
|Less than 99.9% but greater than or equal to 95%||25%|
|Less than 95%||40%|
Service Credits are applied only against future payments or fees. At our discretion, the Service Credits may be issues to credit card used or otherwise deducted from the payment due. Service Credits will not entitle the Customer for a refund or other payment from Akeyless. Service Credits will be applicable and issued only if the credit amount for the applicable monthly billing cycle is greater than one dollar ($1 USD). Service Credits may not be transferred or applied to any other account.
- CREDIT REQUEST AND PAYMENT PROCEDURES
In order for Akeyless to consider a claim, the Customer must submit the claim to customer support at: [email protected] (“Claim”). The Claim shall include all information necessary for Akeyless to validate the Claim, including but not limited to: (i) a detailed description of the Incident; (ii) information regarding the time and duration of the Downtime; (iii) the number and location(s) of affected users (if applicable); (iv) descriptions of the attempts to resolve the Incident at the time of occurrence; (v) Request logs that document the errors (any confidential or sensitive information in these logs should be removed or replaced with asterisks).
Claim must be submitted by the end of the calendar month following the month in which the Incident occurred. For example, if the Incident occurred on February 15th, Akeyless must receive the claim and all required information by March 31st.
Akeyless will evaluate all information reasonably available to us and make a good faith determination of whether a Service Credit is owed. Akeyless will use commercially reasonable efforts to process claims during the subsequent month and within forty-five (45) days of receipt. The Customer must be in compliance with the Agreement in order to be eligible for a Service Credit. If Akeyless determines that a Service Credit are indeed owed to the Customer, it will apply the Service Credit to the following monthly service fees.
- AKEYLESS VAULT SLA EXCLUSIONS
This SLA and any applicable Service Levels do not apply to any performance or availability issues (collectively, the “SLA Exclusions”):
- Due to factors outside Akeyless’ reasonable control (for example, natural disaster, pandemic, war, acts of terrorism, riots, government action, or a network or device failure external to our data centers, including at the Customer’s site or between the site and the data center);
- That result from the use of services or software not provided by Akeyless, including, but not limited to, issues resulting from inadequate bandwidth or related to third-party software or services;
- Caused as a result of the Customer’s use of the Service, which was not in accordance with the Documentation;
- During or with respect to preview, pre-release, beta or trial versions of a Service, feature or software (as determined by Akeyless);
- That result from any unauthorized access to or use of the Service;
- Caused as a part of our suspension or discontinuing of Services, which resulted from the Customer’s failure to comply with any provision of Agreement, or any other agreement between the parties (such as failure to pay);
- That result from attempts to perform operations that exceed prescribed quotas or that resulted from our throttling of suspected abusive behaviour; and
- Due to the use of the Service features that are outside of associated Support Windows; or for licenses reserved, but not paid for, at the time of the Incident.